×

ملاحظة

Twitter Consumer Key not defined.

No Gunmen Lay Siege To Our Community – Elder

Following fear of possible attack by gunmen believed to have lay siege to a part if Rumuigbo, under Obio/Akpor local government area, one of the elders of the community has debunked the rumours of an attack, said rather law enforcement agents came to the area in pursuit if a kidnapping gang.

Following fear of possible attack by gunmen believed to have lay siege to a part if Rumuigbo, under Obio/Akpor local government area, one of the elders of the community has debunked the rumours of an attack, said rather law enforcement agents came to the area in pursuit if a kidnapping gang.

Our source who simply gave his name as 'elder' noted that the event generated panic among residents, it was found out that it was an operation by security agents hunting for their targets and not gunmen as alleged me some people.

The elder claimed that although security in the area had improved significantly, there is still the need to ensure sanity in the community as a whole, in order to fish out the bad eggs.

 It would would be recalled that last week Tuesday, a red Gulf car was said to have conveyed about five fully armed agents of the state to the Chief Aleruchi Cookey-Gam street in Rumuigbo.

The appearance of the gun touting men was said to have scared the daylight out of the residents and others who got caught up in the operation.

A salon owner in the area related her experience:" It was after school hour, when these men drive in with heavy arms looking dangerous. So, we started closing our shops to prevent the unforeseen happening. "

Another source who witnessed the scenario but pleaded anonymity stated that she got wind of the arrest of a kidnap kingpin who was traced to the location. According to her, the security agents were those of the F-SARS who succeeded in arresting one accused while the other accomplice escaped arrest by fleeing the scene before they got to him.