Following the wrap-up of events marking the World Environmental Day, Toby Jug Foundation is primed for enhancing a greener Rivers State.
This year’s World Environment Day is coming on the heels of the inauguration of new national and state governments.
In Rivers State, Governor Siminalayi Fubara is poised to consolidate on the New Rivers Vision nobly bequeathed the state by the indefatigable past governor, Nyesom Wike.
At Toby Jug Foundation, we have resolved as a Non Governmental Organization to give total support to the new government in all aspects that will bolster the state and raise the living standard of our people.
In that respect, we are marking this Year’s Environmental day specially by embarking on a Greener Rivers campaign that includes the following activities:
- As a gender friendly state, the Rivers State governor inaugurated by proclamation, the state house of assembly with a female Deputy governor and 10 women state legislators. We are therefore honoring these women with monumental tree planting to further encourage women in politics for environmental crusading.
- Dissemination of environmentally conscious messages to the people of Rivers State.
- Launching of Multiple tree-planting exercise.
- Drainage de-silting and clearing.
- Campaigns against pollution by oil companies and factories.
- Campaign for healthy living in homes & markets
- Championing recycling efforts.
These initiatives are our way of contributing to the government efforts in making our state cleaner and greener.
We therefore implore individuals and organizations to join hands with us in making Rivers an eco-friendly State.
Toby Jug foundation shall always and in all ways strive to enhance the environmental consciousness of the people of Rivers state .