Acid Bath: 19y-Old Battles To Recover Left Eye, As Alleged Culprit Disappears

For Chukwudi Benson, life may not remain the same if nothing urgent is done to help him recover the likely loss of his left eye occasioned by the acid bath he allegedly received from his boss daughter over a yet to be established cause of disagreement.

Last Friday, Chukwudi who lived at Rumuigbo with a senior brother before a twist of fate changed his story was working as a security guard at stadium Road in Port Harcourt. According to our source in the evening of the fateful day, he appeared before his brother with a swollen face and scald over his face which now threatens his left eye that could hardly be seen (as at the time of filing this report).

When asked what transpired, a broken Chukwudi stated that skirmishes between him and the daughter of his boss led to the latter’s splashing acid water on his face. Although, he could not state in detail what led to the dastardly action by a girl about her age who he said had disappeared the family house after satisfying her conscience.

And, when asked what his boss and wife had done to rescue him from going blind, Chukwudi once again shocked his listeners saying: “few days before the incident, my boss and madam were admitted in the hospital living me and the daughter in the house. They are yet to be informed about what happened to me. That is why I have come to my brother to help receive medical treatment”.

When asked what he had done to receive treatment, he said that he went to a hospital where they recommended a plastic surgery.

“I was told to pay N120,000.00 to commence my operation and other treatment, but since I have no money I had to come here (the brother’s house) to scout for help,” he said in pains.

But, few of his friends he left behind to take up the job from whom  we gathered he started in April stated that the 19-year-old must have been the cause of the fate which befell him.

They were unanimous in their comment that he used to be troublesome and were not surprised in fell in to trouble.

Another close neighbour, Margareth Ilori, disclosed that only last week that Chinedu called her on phone, complaining that he needed another job. She confirmed likewise that the boy did not state in specific terms the challenges faced by him to warrant his decision to leave a new job. She stated that what happened to him may not be unconnected with what he may have been bathed with.

Meanwhile, efforts to get in touch with the family of his boss proved abortive as the building located at stadium road where the incident took place was visibly deserted, confirming the fact that the girl who allegedly used acid on Chukwudi must have taken to her heels to avoid reprisal or the long arm of the law.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button